Blue Gecko specializes in operational support for Oracle databases. We are particularly skilled in performance tuning and disaster recovery, and will help customers with any version of Oracle on any operating system, regardless of their status with Oracle support.
We routinely perform Oracle administrative tasks such as:
- Fact-based performance tuning
- SQL tuning
- Data protection strategies using Flashback recovery, RMAN, and Data Guard
- High availability configurations with RAC and Data Guard Broker
- Best practices for installation, patching, and upgrades
- Platform, server, and data center migrations
- Oracle TAR management and interaction with Oracle Support
- Advanced automation and database monitoring
- Oracle hosting on Amazon Web Services
Since our formation, Blue Gecko has attracted some of the best Oracle talent in the world. We are regularly invited to speak at such recognized events as Oracle OpenWorld, Collaborate, and many regional Oracle user group conferences such as Western Washington Oracle User Group Northern California Oracle User Group, Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group, UKOUG and Danish Oracle User Group. Our Oracle DBAs are active members and organizers of regional Oracle user groups, such as the Northwest Oracle Users Group, Puget Sound Oracle Users Group, and Western Washington Oracle Users group.
We strive to maintain a high level of technical ability, and actively share that knowledge with the Oracle community through our speaking engagements, published works, and web content including our white papers, technical blog, and free resources.